Monday, January 11, 2016

Diabetes Increases the Chance of Getting Dementia by 60%...but there is something you can do about it. PLEASE share

Click on the links below and to the right for additional information.

Recent studies have shown that having diabetes increases your chance of getting dementia by 60%.   That's a scary thought.  My father had Alzheimer's and diabetes.  My grandfather had Alzheimer's.  I had diabetes and Alzheimer's was one of the last things I wanted.  Fortunately I found the keys to losing weight and being taken off medicine for diabetes by the nurse practioner I see.  Walking can be key.  Consult with your doctor.  Eating healthy is key.  Consult with your physician and/or nutritionist.   Read this next article for more information.  I teach the diabetes prevention program in my area.  It is very successful.  Ask your doctor or Health Department if you have one where you live and start changing your life.

No comments: